Dr. Yilin Zhuang
Water Resources Regional Specialized Agent
Dr. Yilin Zhuang is a Regional Specialized Agent (RSA) in water resources serving the UF/IFAS Extension central district. Regional Specialized Agents cover multiple counties and specialize in a specific program area. Zhuang's specialty is in water, specifically, integrated water resources management. Her coverage area includes Orlando and 11 central Florida counties.
Dr. Zhuang has her doctorate in civil engineering from the University of South Florida, where she studied the water-energy nexus, the relationship between how much water is used to generate and transmit energy and how much energy it takes to collect, clean, move, store and dispose of water. She has a masters degree in environmental engineering from Tongji University in Shanghai.
- LEED® AP BD + C (LEED Accredited Professional with A Building Design + Construction Specialty)
- Florida Water Star℠ Certifier
- Zhuang, Y., & LeCroy, J. (2016). Solving Water Issues through Community Outreach. The Proceedings of 2016 International Low Impact Development Conference, Beijing, China, June 26-29, 2016.
- Zhuang, Y., & Zhang, Q. (2015). Exploring Water-Energy Nexus towards Integrated Water and Energy Management. The Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S., July 19-23, 2015.
- Zhuang, Y., & Zhang, Q. (2015). Evaluating Municipal Water Management Options with the Incorporation of Water Quality and Energy Consumption. Water Resources Management, 29 (1): 35-61.
- Zhuang, Y., & Zhang, Q. (2013). Integrated Water Resources Management Incorporating Water Quality, Energy Consumption and Ecological Requirement. The Proceedings of the 31st International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S., July 21-25, 2013.
- Zhuang, Y. (2019). Is Your Well Water Well? 2019 Extension Professional Associations of Florida Conference, Fort Myers, Florida, U.S., August 26-29, 2019.
- Albertin, A. & Zhuang, Y. (2019). Private Wells and Emergency Response in Florida. 2nd National Private Well Conference, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S., May 21-23, 2019.
- Zhuang, Y. & Van Horn, H. (2018). Opportunities and Challenges of Incorporating Citizen Science into Microplastics. 47th Annual 2018 North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) Conference, Spokane, Washington, U.S., October 10-13, 2018.