State Specialized Extension Agent
Program for Resource Efficient Communities
Building 106, Mowry Road
Gainesville, FL 32611
Phone: (352) 392-3121
Fax: (352) 392-9033
Dr. Taylor works with the Program for Resource Efficient Communities (PREC) as an IFAS State Specialized Extension Agent. His research interests include utility data analysis to identify effective water and energy conservation measures and evaluation of land development impacts. Dr. Taylor leads the H2OSAV extension program, providing data analysis tools and data-driven insights that help regional utility providers, governmental agencies and extension agents optimize water conservation efforts.
Dr. Taylor received MS and PhD degrees in the College of Design, Construction and Planning at the University of Florida.
Research and Extension
- Water and energy use in the built environment
- Conservation program analysis and optimization
- Land development impacts
- Ray, Anne, Ruoniu Wang, Diep Nguyen, Jim Martinez, Nicholas Taylor, and Jennison Kipp Searcy. 2019. "Household Energy Costs and the Housing Choice Voucher Program: Do Utility Allowances Pay the Bills?" Housing Policy Debate 0 (0): 1–20. doi:10.1080/10511482.2019.1566158.
- Nicholas W. Taylor, Jennison K. Searcy, and Pierce H. Jones. 2015. "Multifamily Energy-Efficiency Retrofit Programs: A Florida Case Study." Energy Efficiency 9 (April): 385-400. doi:10.1007/s12053-015-9367-x.
- Nicholas W. Taylor, Pierce H. Jones, and M. Jennison Kipp. 2014. "Targeting Utility Customers to Improve Energy Savings from Conservation and Efficiency Programs." Applied Energy 115 (February): 25–36. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2013.10.012.
- Nicholas W. Taylor, Pierce H. Jones, Jennison K. Searcy, and Craig R. Miller. 2014. "Evaluating Ten Years of Energy Performance of HERS-Rated Homes in Alachua County, Florida." Energy Efficiency 7 (4): 1–13. doi:10.1007/s12053-013-9251-5.
- Pierce H. Jones, Nicholas W. Taylor, and Jennison K. Searcy. 2012. "Housing Stock Characterization Study: An Innovative Approach to Measuring Retrofit Impact." DOE/GO-102012-3594, 1052491. doi:10.2172/1052491.
- Pierce H. Jones, Ujjval K. Vyas, Nicholas W. Taylor, and M. Jennison Kipp. 2010. "Residential Energy Efficiency: A Model Methodology for Determining Performance Outcomes." Real Estate Issues 35 (2): 41–47. http://www.cre.org/memberdata/pdfs/Residential_Energy_Efficiency.pdf.
- Pierce H. Jones, Nicholas W. Taylor, M. Jennison Kipp, and Harold S. Knowles. 2010. "Quantifying Household Energy Performance Using Annual Community Baselines." International Journal of Energy Sector Management 4 (4): 593–613. doi:10.1108/17506221011092797.