Dr. Andrea Albertin
Water Resources Regional Specialized Agent
Northwest District Water Resources
155 Research Road
Quincy, FL 32351
Andrea Albertin is the Water Resources Regional Specialized Agent for the NW Extension District. She is based at the NFREC in Quincy, FL and has held this position since 2016. Her major extension programs include septic systems education, private well systems and drinking water quality, and agricultural best management practices. Prior to working at UF, she worked extensively in Costa Rica in natural resources management. Andrea attained her MS in Agroforestry from the University of Florida in 2001 and her PhD in Soil and Water Science from the University of Florida in 2009.
Educational Program Focus
Lead and support water resource extension education programs in the Florida Panhandle in the following areas:
- Protecting and enhancing water quality by reducing point and nonpoint source pollution. Practices promoted include Agriculture and Green Industry Best Management Practices (BMPs), Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ principles and septic tank management recommendations.
- Conserving water by reducing use and increasing water-use efficiency in agriculture and urban sectors.
- 2016-Present — University of Florida IFAS Extension, Water Resources Regional Specialized Agent
- 2015-2016 — Northern Virginia Community College, Adjunct Professor in Environmental Science
- 2015 — Visiting Professor in Soil Science, EARTH University, Costa Rica
- 2013-2015 — Director of Center for Community Initiatives, Monteverde Institute, Costa Rica
- 2014 — Field Instructor, University of California Education Abroad Program in Tropical Biology and Conservation, Monteverde, Costa Rica
- 2010-2012 — Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Florida
- 2003-2005 — Environmental Research Associate, Organization for Tropical Studies, Palo Verde National Park, Costa Rica
- 2009 — PhD, Aquatic Biogeochemistry, University of Florida
- 2001 — MS, Agroforestry, University of Florida1995 BS, Biology, The College of William and Mary